- South San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Interested in a career in the Biotech/Pharma/Life Sciences Industry?
We're looking for someone with a great customer service mindset, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and who comes to work with a positive attitude ready to take on the day. An ideal candidate will have prior lab management, customer service and life sciences experience.
The Lab Manager will work daily at client sites to ensure that the day-to-day laboratory operations run smoothly and efficiently. The Lab Manager’s focus is to optimize the efficiency of the lab through planning, understanding the environment and it’s changing needs, and executing process and programs to increase effective workflows and practices. A Lab Manager will work effectively with scientists, client management, EH&S and Facilities while maintaining a balanced communication with the ManagedLab team.
- Hungry, humble, and smart
- Work efficiently, effectively, and collaboratively in team environments
- Extraordinary professionalism and customer service
- Positive attitude approaching any task no matter how big/small
- Flexibility--a dynamic environment makes you feel energized, not stressed out
- Be comfortable working within a team, but can also self-manage if needed to work independently
- Great communicator – you’re known for clear messaging in company and customer emails and know how to proofread
Benefits & Perks
- Starting pay: Salary range is $65-$75k annually (dependent on applicable experience)
- Hiring bonus--eligible for a $500 bonus, payable on your first paycheck
- Medical coverage, and options for Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday leave
- 401(k) with company match
- 360° performance feedback
- This position has no direct reports
- Laboratory inventory management, ordering, and restock throughout the various locations in the lab.
- Processing project-specific order requests from lab personnel
- Manage supply chain issues for consumables
- Create documentation to assist in efficient lab procedures, and regularly update as changes occur.
- Maintaining cold storage spaces, including liquid nitrogen
- Keep track of equipment maintenance, pipet calibrations etc. and oversee accordingly
- Coordinate service on equipment as issues arise
- Work as the safety manager within the lab, and update documentation regularly
- Manage safety trainings, and all other training within the lab including onboarding new employees.
- Coordinate with the landlord, as the central point of contact, regarding routine tasks and manage accordingly.
- Manage hazardous waste within the lab space
- Organize general lab cleanup days
- General lab upkeep, including tasks such as
- Re-filling ethanol bottles,
- Emptying biohazard bins and sharps containers,
- Re-rack tip boxes for non-sterile tips or for autoclave,
- Clean and fill water baths and water in incubators,
- Heat inactivating/aliquoting FBS and other common reagents
- Adherence to company and customer COVID-19 safety guidelines
Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Prior service industry or lab experience (ideally 2+ years)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ecosystem (i.e. Windows, Office365, etc.); comfortable using technology
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Personal transportation required as work may involve transit between multiple work sites.
- Available to work within the core business hours of 7AM to 6PM, and availability for evenings/weekends as dictated by ad-hoc lab needs.
- Service hours are generally 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday
Learn more about our company at www.managedlab.com