Hello, we're MLS Technology Group, a Managed Service Provider (MSP) located in San Diego with a 10-year proven track record, and we're searching for a Director of IT Operations to help lead our team. We are a collaborative group who value fun in a fast paced environment.
We have an open concept office, sit/stand desks, complementary snacks, weekly company lunches, regular team building events, and promote a healthy work/life balance.
As the Director of IT Operations you will participate on the leadership team by representing, and being accountable for, the IT Services Division. As part of the leadership team you participate in setting, gaining traction, and attaining the companies goals and vision.
You will ultimately be responsible for the service delivery of our Managed IT Service and Professional IT Services through Leadership Management Accountability (LMA) of service team, define/adjust service offerings to meet the demand of the market, assist in the sales process (co-present), and management of Core technologies (tools and technology stack).
Although, our technology stack and service offerings are mature we believe there is always room for improvement.
SUMMARY: We are looking for a Director, IT Operations that will have organizational impact through innovative solutions to complex problems. Our ideal candidate will lead, manage, and support the execution and delivery of customer solutions for our IT Services Division while also driving the technology supporting the organization as a whole .
The Director, IT Operations is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of ManagedLab Services and MLS Technology Group and works with the Leadership Team to grow the company using technological resources. Through an active and practical approach, the Director, IT Operations will direct all technical support, service, and project management departments to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
- Develop the technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Represent the technology division (MLS Technology Group) on the leadership team
- Responsible for corporate technology strategy
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and design/recommends technical solutions
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency and making changes as necessary
- Develop and monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and service are maintained and comply with all requirements, laws, regulations and best practices
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
- Direct operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Provide leadership to the technology group in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values
- Ensure the technological group has “buy-in” to the company’s business goals, and that departmental/team goals are in-line with the company’s strategic vision
- Maintain regular checks and balances (one-on-one, Lattice, etc.) to validate that departments/team goals are advancing
- Perform weekly review of technological group team members timesheets, quarterly review of goal/performance progress, and annual performance reviews for all technological staff
- Provide escalation support for technicians, including guidance on issue resolution and, if needed, take ownership of issues and see to resolution
- Provide project design/implementation for customer solutions, including leading the design and overseeing tech implementation or in some instances complete them personally
- Drive improvements in service delivery through improved SOP/workflow, protocols, systems, documentation and other areas of responsibility.
- Communicate with clients (end-user through CEO), vendors, and other service providers.
- Assist in sales process including participating in both the initial meeting as the technical expert and proposal presentations
- Perform other duties as required or as directed
MINIMUM DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent in-depth specialized training programs
- At least 10 years IT experience, including experience as a manager
- At least 5 years managed IT Services experience
MINIMUM DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows products and experience with Office 365
- Broad range of IT knowledge including, but not limited to, Internet connectivity, firewalls, switches, server hardware, software, and other technologies
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and independently learn new technologies
- Possesses thorough and effective troubleshooting methods and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Incredible level of customer service
- Some Of The Technology Stack Currently in Use...
- ConnectWise Manage
- ConnectWise Automate
- IT Glue
- Veeam...and more
- PTO increasing with service longevity
- Employer matched Retirement Fund
- 7 paid Holidays (details in Benefits package)
- Reimbursement on approved educational trainings and certifications
- Variety of health care options including medical, dental and optical