Lab Services Team Manager
- San Diego, CA
- Full Time
- Lab Services Division, Field
Interested in a career in the Biotech/Pharma/Life Sciences Industry?
We're looking for a new Lab Services Team Manager--someone with a great customer service mindset, excellent organizational skills, experience managing diverse teams, and who comes to work with a positive attitude ready to take on the day. An ideal candidate will have experience providing concierge-level customer service and be interested/familiar with the life science industry, though a scientific background is not explicitly required.
This Exempt, Managerial position will be a mixture of work from home and on-site.
The coverage area will include, but not limited to, locations mostly in the Torrey Pines/Sorrento Valley area (92121).
- Hungry, humble, and smart
- Work efficiently, effectively, and collaboratively in team environments
- Extraordinary professionalism and customer service
- Positive attitude approaching any task no matter how big/small
- Flexibility--a dynamic environment makes you feel energized, not stressed out
- Comfortable working and leading a team remotely, but can also self-manage if needed to work independently
- Great communicator – you’re professional and effective when communicating with others via email, phone, and/or face-to-face conversations, and are comfortable with resolving customer issues
Benefits & Perks
- Pay Range: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
- Hiring bonus--eligible for a $500 bonus, payable on your first paycheck
- Medical coverage, and options for Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday leave
- 401(k) with company match
- 360° performance feedback
- Ensuring the service quality of our San Diego Lab Services team through direct and indirect team management
- Acting as a point of contact with customer personnel, including troubleshooting and resolving escalated customer issues
- Providing backup and/or accessory support for Lab Services direct reports, which include Lab Assistants, Lab Administration, and Shipping & Receiving functions
- Acting as a company ambassador, advising current and future clients on the entirety of the ManagedLab services portfolio
- Performing work process documentation, metrics tracking, communication routines, and client account management tasks
- Identifying and implementing internal and client0facing improvement to work processes
- Additional administrative tasks as necessary
- Adherence to company and customer safety guidelines, including those pertaining to CoVID-19
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Team management experience. Customer Service experience
- Lab experience (academic or industry) is a strong plus
- Comfortable using technology
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ecosystem (i.e. Windows, Office365, etc.)
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Personal transportation is required as work may involve transit between multiple work sites.
- Available to work within the core business hours of 7 AM to 6 PM, and available for evenings/weekends as dictated by company and client needs.
- Service team operational hours are generally 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday
Learn more about our company at www.managedlab.com